Stilettos and Diapers Reviews: A Moment For Me (aka, Mom Timeout)

Thursday, May 21, 2015

A Moment For Me (aka, Mom Timeout)

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. 
All opinions are mine alone. #ArtisanFlavors #CollectiveBias
 photo 1c6fb548-959f-4dd2-adf5-2255dabe66f1_zpsnit9pdll.jpg
Motherhood is a strange thing, ya know? There are moments of complete, overwhelming love for your babies, where you want nothing but to hold them as close as possible. Then there are moments of complete, overwhelming chaos, where you want nothing but to get as far away as possible for a little break. Am I right, Moms? 

Since motherhood is such a demanding job, I think it's essential to take a break. Actually plan time away, not just running out the door in sheer exhaustion when your husband gets home from work. Putting yourself in "mommy timeout" is essential. Thankfully, my husband is very gracious and seems to be able to tell when I need a good timeout for myself. 

My favorite way to spend that time, is on the lake. There's nothing more relaxing to me than to be on the water. And there's no treat I'd rather have out there with me, than some delicious ice cream.


My new favorite? Nestlé® Häagen Dazs new artisan collection. I bought nearly the entire line, because it all looked so good when I was at Walmart! Let me tell you, it's even better than it looks. The Tres Leches Brigadeiro didn't last very long during my moment for me... photo IMG_4354_zpsmqjmtair.jpg
My personal favorite is the Banana Rum Jam. It reminds me of Bananas Foster, which is one of my favorite desserts. Ginger Molasses Cookie and Chocolate Caramelized Oat have been tasted, right out of the container, of course, and are hard to beat. 
 photo IMG_4357_zpsmqbzvkpi.jpg

Do you take time for yourself to get away? Studies have shown that vacation makes employees perform better at their jobs. These little mini-vacations for mom are so good for the soul and I think, really help me to be a better mom. 

You don't have to take a whole afternoon on the lake, either. It could be a walk around the block. A pedicure. A cup of coffee, finished while still warm at the coffee shop, or even just an little time in your backyard with a good book. 

Haagen Dazs is helping you treat yourself with this awesome giveaway! 
Häagen Dazs #ArtisanFlavors Contest

Whatever it may be, make sure you take a "moment for me" to recharge those mom batteries. Your family will thank you for it! 

Do you give yourself mom timeouts? What is your favorite moment for me? 

Check out Nestlé® Häagen Dazs on TwitterFacebook and Instagram for more info about their new Artisan Collection! 

1 comment:

  1. That view from your boat looks so relaxing! Thanks #client

    ReplyDelete